The school crest is divided by a cross. The upper left quarter bears an “A” superimposed on an “M.” This symbol of the Blessed Virgin Mary represents the Marian consecration of the two religious orders that founded the school, the Marianists and the Franciscan Sisters of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. The Franciscan cord appears in this quarter.
In the upper right quarter are the scales, the symbol of the law profession which was the career of Daniel J. Gross (1897-1958), a prominent Omaha attorney in whose memory the school was named.
The lower left quarter is a torch representative of the school’s seeking achievement and excellence in academics and activities. It is surmounted by a banner inscribed with the school’s founding date, 1968.
The lower right quarter bears a part of the coat of arms of Archbishop Gerald T. Bergan, under whose inspiration and leadership the school was conceived.
On the ribbon at the bottom is inscribed the motto DUX ESTO (Be a Leader).
At the top are three chain links representing the archdiocesan officials, parish priests and elementary school teachers; the benefactors, parents, and friends of the school; the faculty and staff.
All these are fastened by a circle representing the students, who are the real concern and connecting link of the above individuals and groups.