The Guidance Department assists all students beginning freshman year in gaining an understanding of career planning and its relevance to school classes. Students are guided through several inventories that help them identify their interests, skills, values and strengths. The results of these inventories are used to create educational plans to prepare students for both college and career.
Students and parents are encouraged to visit these websites for more resources regarding career planning.
- Nebraska Career Connections - comprehensive career planning site that offers interests, skills, and work value inventories; occupation exploration; job searching skills and a resume builder; and educational planning, including a college search
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - nationally recognized source of career information designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about future work lives, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor/Bureau of Labor Statistics
- O* Net - extensive source of occupational information
- Career One Stop - nationally recognized source of career information, exploration, and education, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor
- University of Nebraska - Lincoln Career Services - provides information about career fields and how their relationship to common college majors