Senior Year College Preparation
You are in the home stretch your senior year. All your hard work will pay off, but you must continue to focus on completing the process.
- Continue to work on your grades. Give your academic classes serious attention.
- Retake the ACT in September, October, and/or December. Most schools will not accept test scores for scholarship/admissions consideration after the December test. Also, remember schools will take the highest test score.
- Read the weekly Care Package. The newsletter contains vital information about college visits, scholarships, and all guidance news. This newsletter is posted on the Guidance page on Edline.
- Visit with college representatives in the fall. Check the college visit calendar on Edline to see when the representatives will be visiting Gross Catholic. Begin to narrow your college choices.
- Attend the Catholic College Fair at school.
- Update your resume.
- Attend the College Fair at UNO in October.
- Request letters or recommendation if needed.
- Attend Money for College Night during fall conferences.
- Request your PIN for the FAFSA.
- Apply to all schools by December 1 (unless an earlier deadline is specified).
- Fill out the FAFSA anytime after January 1.
- Scholarships, scholarships, scholarships! Most deadlines are during March and April, but pay attention to deadlines and directions.
- Expect award letters from colleges in April.
- Decide which college you would like to attend by May 1 (most require a deposit).