The Cougar Family comes together as a community to support the students and programs of Gross Catholic at various special events. We hope you will join us!
CeleBration Is the Place to Be!
The Cougar Family is looking forward to CeleBration 35! We invite you to join us at the Embassy Suites LaVista on Saturday, April 27, 2019.
CeleBration Has Gone Digital
The past few years people enjoyed wireless bidding Gesture on smart phones. It is fun and easy to use! No smartphone? No problem! Gesture professionals assist people with their bidding! If you can’t make it to CeleBration, you can join in on the fun! Anyone can simply visit our website and start bidding on auction items starting around mid April.
We need your help to make CeleBration a success!
Here’s how you can support us!
- Attend the Event: Save the date for Saturday, April 27, 2019 to join parents, alumni, and friends as we raise funds to support the students of Gross Catholic High School at the Embassy Suites LaVista. Watch for your invitation in the mail or buy your tickets online! You can also reserve a room at the Embassy Suites for that evening at a discounted rate.
- Could you or your business support the students of Gross Catholic by becoming a corporate sponsor, buying ad advertisement or providing auction items? Contact Special Events Director, Dawn Sledge (firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss the options for your support.
- Gold Cup: Buy or sell a $100 Gold Cup ticket. We also need volunteers to make phone calls to past buyers asking them to purchase a Gold Cup ticket again this year. Contact the Advancement Office at 402-734-2000 to purchase a Gold Cup ticket.
- Volunteer: We need volunteers to stuff mailings, help decorate, work the cashiering station, solicit and decorate baskets, pick up auction items, and clean up. Contact Special Events Director, Dawn Sledge if you would like to volunteer or sign up online.
- $10,000 Raffle: Help support Gross Catholic by buying your CeleBration raffle tickets! This year’s raffle winner will walk away with $10,000 in cash! You need not be present to win. Raffle tickets are $5 each or $25 for a book of five. Contact the Advancement office to buy your tickets! Each school family is responsible for selling $100 worth of CeleBration raffle tickets (20 tickets at $5). These are distributed to families the first week of February.
For more information, or to volunteer, please contact the Advancement Office at 402-734-2000 or Special Events Director, Dawn Sledge (email@example.com.)
Golf with the Cougars! (2018 is SOLD OUT!)
Our golf chairpersons, Jim & Dorothy Riha and Family, proudly present the Cougar Classic Golf Tournament on Monday, September the 17th, 2018 at Eagle Hills Golf Course in Papillion. It will be a great event!
All proceeds support Gross Catholic school activities and athletics. It is so much fun!
- Pin prizes on every hole!
- First and Second Flight Prizes!
Usual Schedule of Events
- 11:00 am – Registration and Golfer’s Lunch
- 12:00 pm – Shotgun Start
- Dinner and Awards Following at Gross Catholic High School
For more information, email Dawn Sledge, Special Events Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 402.734.2000 x 124.
50th Anniversary Weekend!
Friday, September 14th – Homecoming pre-game tailgate at 5 PM for the entire family featuring food trucks and live music starting at 5pm
Saturday, September 15th Alumni Gathering (ages 21 and over) at Bellevue Berry Farm starting at 6pm
Sunday September 16th Mass at 9:30am and Free Pancake Breakfast from 10am -12 pm
For further details about Homecoming, see our blog post.
Everybody Loves Trivia!
The 12th annual Trivia Night supports the Football, Cheerleading, and Academic Decathlon teams.
Date: Saturday, February 16th, 2019
Tailgate Party: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Trivia Kickoff: 7:35
$40.00 donation includes: trivia game, food, beer, margaritas and pop! Tables available for $320.00 per table.
If you have any questions please contact Coach Tom Van Haute, tvanhaute
Guests must be 21 years of age or older.
Wine Tasting Sponsored by Jim Sobczyk & Cornhusker Beverage & Bridal is held the third Friday in November at Gross Catholic.
$40 per person includes wine tasting & hors d’oeuvres
Invite your friends and reserve a table for six to eight! Casual Dress.
No outside beverages or coolers allowed. Beer available for purchase.
Contact Dawn Sledge (email@example.com) or call 402.734.2000 x124 with any questions
Thank you very much for volunteering your time this year to take tickets, work the concession stand, stuff envelopes, organize Post-Prom, decorate for CeleBration, haul band equipment, and for all the other volunteer work you contribute to the Cougar Family. We couldn’t do it without you!