Our New Brand
Creating a new brand – rebranding – takes time, thought and extensive research with input from our many audiences.
- Is not what we aspire to be but is reflective of who we are.
- Is more than a logo.
- Captures the essence of our school through messages and visuals.
- Is strategic.
Our goal was to maintain fidelity to the history and traditions of our great school. We enlisted the help of EG Integrated, an Omaha-based advertising and marketing agency to help us through the process.
We gathered focus groups that included students, alumni, faculty, staff, parents and prospective families as well as an online survey to current parents. We asked them about their perceptions of Gross Catholic, what differentiated us from other high schools in the area, and what things could attract more students to attend Gross Catholic. These groups helped us identify our school’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. We also discussed the attributes and personality of our current brand.
From all of this valuable input we were able to identify common words and themes that truly described our values: community oriented, authentic, Catholic, faithful, leadership (Dux Esto), excellence, compassion and drive.
Out of these attributes, a brand was developed and built on the over-arching and familiar theme – Dux Esto – with a focus on leadership in all we do and the characteristics of a Marianist school. The team at EG Integrated created the new school logos, athletic logos, visual brand system, and brand platform for use in all of our marketing and recruitment materials, letterhead and signage.
Tell us more about the logo:
- The logo shows a modern “G” intertwined around a traditional cross to represent the following:
- Respecting our traditions and looking toward the future.
- A community of faith, with the Holy Spirit at the center.
- The influence of Mary as a distinguishing thread woven throughout the entire fabric of our Marianist spirituality.
- The roundness of the “G” represents inclusion and the Marianist table setting where there is no head place, all are welcome, and all share as equals.
New fonts, an updated orange and the addition of a darker blue create a more rich, powerful brand look.
So now that we have a new brand, what does it look and feel like?
- Our brand is: confident, welcoming, caring, vibrant, inspiring, hard-working, fun and cool, authentic, inclusive, faith-based and innovative.
- We promise to stay true to our mission of a faith-based and family-based community committed to developing Christian leaders through educational excellence in the Marianist tradition.
- We value: Leadership in Faith, Leadership in Community and Leadership in Excellence
- We are: Authentically Faithful, Purposefully Compassionate and Academically Driven
Where you’ll see the new brand:
- The logo will appear on all of our communications.
- The re-designed cougar head along with current athletic G logo will be added over time to our athletic uniforms and communications such as sports programs.
- New wayfinding signs will be installed featuring the new logo and brand look.
- New outdoor signs will be installed on the building.
- Our website and all digital media accounts will prominently feature the new logo, brand design and messaging.
And there’s more to come … Please watch as we unveil our plans for our 50th anniversary this fall!