CeleBration Is the Place to Be!Celebration Tickets
Gross Catholic will conclude its 50th Anniversary year with its annual dinner auction CeleBration – Our Grand Affair, on Saturday, April 27, 2019 at the LaVista Embassy Suites. Event chair couples, representing the first graduating class of 1972 – Jackie and Richard Buchta, Michele and Mike Filipowicz, Vicki and Dean Hascall, Suzie and Dave Klauschie, Carol and Dennis Monaghan, and Mary Beth and Joe Skradski – will host approximately 500 individuals at the Embassy Suites Conference Center in LaVista. The event is sure to entertain those in attendance with silent and live auction items, music, dancing and a chance to win a $10,000 cash prize.
You can call the Embassy Suites Hotel at 402-331-7400 and reserve a room – use the discount room code GC4, valid until April the 5th.
The evening begins with a 6:00 p.m. Social Hour & Silent Auction. At 7:30 p.m. we have the Invocation, Dinner, and Dux Esto Award Presentation. At 8:30 p.m. we have the Raffle Drawing and Live Auction.
A great evening awaits.
This year’s live auction items include Cher concert tickets, trips to Las Vegas, Orlando, Nashville and Sedona, Husker Football Suite tailgate party, Templeton Rye Distillery package, and much more. Following the live auction, the party will continue with live music by the Persuaders and dancing.
“This year will be a very special Celebration commemorating Gross Catholic’s 50th Anniversary,” said Dawn Sledge, events director. “The event pays tribute to our rich history while setting the stage for an exciting future. Our hope is that many friends and alumni of Gross Catholic will celebrate with us that evening.
CeleBration will also honor Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd and Jeannie Mill with the Dux Esto Award. Dux Esto is the motto of Gross Catholic and means, “Be a Leader”. The Dux Esto Award is presented annually to individuals, couples or families who demonstrate extraordinary leadership and support for the Cougar Family.
“Lloyd and Jeannie Mill exemplify the true spirit of the Dux Esto Award. Their contributions to Gross Catholic and to Catholic education over the years are a model for others to follow,” Dr. Dorothy Ostrowski, president. “We are blessed that they are a significant part of our Cougar Family.”
CeleBration Has Gone Digital with BidPal
The past few years people enjoyed wireless bidding on smart phones. It is fun and easy to use! No smartphone? No problem! BidPal professionals assist people with their bidding! If you can’t make it to CeleBration, you can join in on the fun! Bidding will open on Friday, April 26!
We need your help to make CeleBration 35 a success!
Here’s how you can support us!
- Attend the event on April 27, 2019 to join parents, alumni, and friends as we raise funds to support the students of Gross Catholic High School at the Embassy Suites LaVista. Watch for your invitation in the mail or buy your tickets online! You can also reserve a room at the Embassy Suites for that evening at a discounted rate.
- Could you or your business support the students of Gross Catholic by becoming a corporate sponsor, buying ad advertisement or providing auction items? Contact Special Events Director, Dawn Sledge (firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss the options for your support.
- Gold Cup: Buy or sell a $100 Gold Cup ticket. We also need volunteers to make phone calls to past buyers asking them to purchase a Gold Cup ticket again this year. Contact the Advancement Office at 402-734-2000 to purchase a Gold Cup ticket.
- Volunteer: We need volunteers to stuff mailings, help decorate, work the cashiering station, solicit and decorate baskets, pick up auction items, and clean up. Contact Special Events Director, Dawn Sledge if you would like to volunteer or sign up online.
- $10,000 Raffle: Help support Gross Catholic by buying your CeleBration raffle tickets! This year’s raffle winner will walk away with $10,000 in cash! You need not be present to win. Raffle tickets are $5 each or $25 for a book of five. Contact the Development Office to buy your tickets! Each school family is responsible for selling $100 worth of CeleBration raffle tickets (20 tickets at $5). These are distributed to families the first week of February.
For more information, or to volunteer, please contact the Advancement Office at 402-734-2000 or Special Events Director, Dawn Sledge (email@example.com.) Celebration Tickets
About Gross Catholic
One of Nebraska’s premier private schools, Gross Catholic High School is a faith and family-based community committed to developing Christian leaders through academic excellence in the Marianist tradition. Recognized locally for its outstanding education, welcoming atmosphere, competitive sports programs, engaging activities, robust faith, and boundless service work, Gross Catholic has energized the Omaha area for 50 years. We are Faithful, Compassionate, and Driven!
To discover the Gross Catholic difference, contact us at 402.734.2000 or visit our Admissions page at grosscatholic.org.