Covid-19 Pandemic Information
Gross Catholic High School is inline with the CDC and COVID 19 protocols to protect and keep everyone healthy and safe.
2021-2022 Gross Catholic COVID Protocols
For the 2021-2022 school year, the following are the current COVID protocols for Gross Catholic Faculty, Staff, Students and Visitors: (THESE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS DIRECTIVES FROM THE LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS AND THE CDC CHANGE)
- Masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals. However, masks are strongly recommended for those who are not fully vaccinated.
- We will continue to monitor COVID cases and will require those not vaccinated and unmasked to quarantine as needed.
- Those in quarantine will NOT be allowed to participate in athletics or any other activity during their quarantine time.
- If symptoms exist, we ask that you see your family physician prior to returning to school. Please notify the office by 8 am of this.
- Gross Catholic will continue to sanitize daily and utilize appropriate social distancing.
- If you are fully vaccinated, Gross Catholic appreciates a copy of this verification for your health records. This will allow you to stay in school and participate in activities if exposed to a positive case.
- Gross Catholic will continue to work closely with the local health departments.
- Gross Catholic may modify COVID protocols during the course of the year based on health conditions within the school and with guidance from our local Health Department.
In order to increase the safety of everyone in school, we encourage everyone to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks (14 days) after the second dose of Moderna or Pfizer, or 14 days after the Johnson & Johnson single dose.
The school requires the student to present their vaccination card showing the dates of all vaccinations to our School Office to Mrs. Rice. She will copy the card and update the student’s immunization records.
Fully vaccinated students will not be required to quarantine after close contact with a COVID-positive person as long as fully vaccinated students are asymptomatic. Of course, we need proof of vaccination. That is why we ask that you bring your vaccination card to the main office. In this case, your word that you have been vaccinated is not enough, we need proof of vaccination.
If anyone is not fully vaccinated, they have to quarantine for 14 days if exposed to the virus.
These protocols are subject to change if new information becomes available from the CDC.
Message from the Archdiocese of Omaha, June 1, 2021
Beginning June 1, 2021, masks are optional for all Archdiocesan school* events including and all school sponsored activities. Masks continue to be highly recommended for anyone who is not fully vaccinated.
• Student and staff are strongly encouraged to continue to monitor for symptoms before participating in any school activity.
• If symptoms exist, the individual must stay home from summer activities.
• Sanitation protocols will continue to be followed at the school.
• Frequent hand washing and proper sneezing/coughing etiquette will be encouraged.
• Encourage social distancing of 3 ft whenever possible.
Should there be any unanticipated outbreak of COVID in a school, the local Health Department will be consulted by the building level school administration to determine if short-term masking will be required until the outbreak can be mitigated.
*School administrators (pastors, presidents, and principals) have the authority to develop protocols based upon the unique circumstances within their local community.