Current Job Postings
Vice President of Advancement
The Vice President of Advancement reports directly to the President and is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of a comprehensive advancement program including fundraising, constituent communications, and constituent relations. The Vice President works closely and collaboratively with all members of the Advancement Office and with the Development Sub Committee of the Board. The Vice President serves as an advisor to the President on matters affecting the advancement of the institution. Primary responsibilities are outlined below.
- Crafts a vision for the advancement program appropriate to the advancement of the institution.
- Oversees the establishment of policy and protocol on all issues pertaining to the advancement program.
- Prepares, with the assistance of other Advancement Office staff, an annual plan for advancement which includes goals, action items and a budget.
- Develops and maintains a five-year strategic plan for the advancement program which is updated annually.
- Manages, plans, and implements all aspects of the Dux Esto Annual Giving Program, Capital Campaigns, and the Holy Family Legacy Society Planned Giving Program.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and closes mid-level and major gifts. Maintains an active pool of prospects in these categories. Conducts regular face-to-face visits with prospects and maintains a log of donor outreach. Utilizes the donor database and available donor software for the purpose of donor cultivation.
- Assists in the hiring of all advancement staff. Directs the organization and management of the comprehensive advancement program through supervision of the advancement staff.
- Works closely and collaboratively with the Advancement Office database manager and the Business Office to ensure accurate documentation and acknowledgements of donor gifts. Provides detailed summary reports for the Annual Report, annual audits and board and subcommittee meetings.
- Works closely with the Board, both through the Development Committee and by providing support for individual Board members who are assigned to major gift prospects, for the purpose of cultivation and solicitation.
- Provides organization and serves as the staff representative for the Endowment Foundation Board.
- Recruits, organizes, and trains volunteer groups involved with fund development.
- Advises the President on all issues pertaining to the advancement program.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding and experience in the general principles, practices and procedures of advancement
- Works collaboratively with others
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to organize, supervise, manage, and maintain a positive working relationship with others
- Understanding of the general principles of accounting and finance
- Strong work ethic, strategic thinking and planning skills, and a call to the mission of Catholic education
To apply for the Vice President of Advancement, please email our President at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
If there are no specific postings, but you want to get your resume first in line to be considered when there is an opening, send teacher resumes and cover email to our Principal at email@example.com. For staff, administration, or advancement possibilities, contact our President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Gross Catholic
One of Nebraska’s premier private schools, Gross Catholic High School is a faith and family-based community committed to developing Christian leaders through academic excellence in the Marianist tradition. Recognized locally for its outstanding education, welcoming atmosphere, competitive sports programs, engaging activities, robust faith, and boundless service work, Gross Catholic has energized the Omaha area for over 50 years.