Executive Assistant to the President
Daniel J. Gross Catholic High School, a co-educational high school serving 400 students in historic Bellevue, NE, seeks an Executive Assistant to the President.
Executive Assistant Job Description
Executive Assistant to the President will provide high-level support to the President and the Vice President of Advancement. He or she will also serve as the central liaison among the President’s Office, senior leadership team, the Board of Directors, the Archdiocese of Omaha, and the Office of Marianist Sponsorship. This is a part-time, 11-month position reporting to the President.
• Act as administrative assistant to and manage the office of the President.
• Manage the President’s calendar including coordination of internal and external meetings and events.
• Partner with main office staff to greet and welcome all VIPs and guests of the President.
• Work in conjunction with the VP of Advancement to expand the President’s relationships with stakeholders and specific groups both on and off campus.
• Coordinate travel plans and expense documentation for the President and VP of Advancement.
• Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and all board committees.
• Schedule, attend, and provide and file minutes for Leadership Team, Board, and board committee meetings.
• Assist President in preparing and editing materials, remarks, and correspondence.
• Support the execution of and attend certain special events involving the President and VP of Advancement.
• Coordinating with the advancement office to help maintain President’s benefactor portfolio.
• Work with the finance office to manage the contract process for all School areas.
• Other administrative duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• An understanding of and commitment to Gross Catholic’s mission
• Detailed record keeping and file maintenance
• High-level organizational skills
• Exceptional writing and copy-editing skills
• Honesty and the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Familiarity with hiring and human resources processes
• Customer service orientation and positive attitude
• Capacity to quickly assess and solve problems and anticipate matters and outcomes concerning the President and VP of Advancement
• Ability to keep and document a flexible schedule
• Outstanding communication skills
Education and Experience:
• 3 to 5 years of administrative support experience in an educational or nonprofit setting
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Familiarity with donor and prospect management software (Donor Perfect)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; Google suite and apps.
Start Date: On or about September 13, 2021
Compensation: Hourly, commensurate with experience.
Contact: We invite qualified candidates to consider becoming part of Gross Catholic’s vibrant, faith-filled community by submitting a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . All materials and inquiries should be sent via email; please do not contact the school directly.
About Gross Catholic
Gross Catholic, a co-educational, college preparatory high school in Bellevue, NE, began its proud heritage of academic excellence rooted in the Marianist tradition in 1968. The school motto Dux Esto (“Be a Leader”) is at the core of its extraordinary mission, innovative spirit, and fundamental values. The school offers a challenging environment and outstanding quality of life, both in academics and co-curricular activities, with a strong focus on STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics) education. The spirit of Christian service and giving back is part of everything the school does. Gross Catholic’s top-tier status is reflected in its talented faculty, staff, and coaches who take great pride in seeing virtually every graduate head to college, often to the most prestigious domestic and international universities and service academies. Together with families and alumni, Gross Catholic forges relationships for a lifetime, helping to ready the next generation to be exemplary, principled leaders of the world.
To discover the Gross Catholic difference, contact us at 402.734.2000 or visit our Admissions page.