The Cougar Family comes together as a community to celebrate and support Gross Catholic at special events throughout the year. Please join us at these events and discover the Gross Catholic difference!
CeleBration Is the Place to Be!
The Cougar Family is looking forward to CeleBration 35! We invite you to join us on Saturday, April 25, 2020.
A great evening awaits. Participate in the Live Auction! Purchase a Gold Cup ticket! Witness the presentation of the Dux Esto Award! Be a significant supporter of the Cougar Family!
CeleBration Has Gone Digital
The past few years people enjoyed wireless bidding on smart phones. It is fun and easy to use! No smartphone? No problem! We will help people with their bidding! If you can’t make it to CeleBration, you can join in on the fun! Anyone can simply visit our website and start bidding on auction items starting on the Friday before CeleBration.
We need your help to make CeleBration a success!
Here’s how you can support us!
- Attend the Event: Save the date for Saturday, April 18, 2020 to join parents, alumni, and friends as we raise funds to support the students of Gross Catholic High School at the Embassy Suites LaVista. Watch for your invitation in the mail or buy your tickets online! You can also reserve a room at the Embassy Suites for that evening at a discounted rate.
- Could you or your business support the students of Gross Catholic by becoming a corporate sponsor, buying ad advertisement or providing auction items? Contact Special Events Director, Dawn Sledge (firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss the options for your support.
- Gold Cup: Buy or sell a $100 Gold Cup ticket. We also need volunteers to make phone calls to past buyers asking them to purchase a Gold Cup ticket again this year. Contact the Advancement Office at 402-734-2000 to purchase a Gold Cup ticket.
- Volunteer: We need volunteers to stuff mailings, help decorate, work the cashiering station, solicit and decorate baskets, pick up auction items, and clean up. Contact Special Events Director, Dawn Sledge if you would like to volunteer or sign up online.
- $10,000 Raffle: Help support Gross Catholic by buying your CeleBration raffle tickets! This year’s raffle winner will walk away with $10,000 in cash! You need not be present to win. Raffle tickets are $5 each or $25 for a book of five. Contact the Advancement office to buy your tickets! Each school family is responsible for selling $100 worth of CeleBration raffle tickets (20 tickets at $5). These are distributed to families the first week of February.
For more information, or to volunteer, please contact the Advancement Office at 402-734-2000 or Special Events Director, Dawn Sledge (email@example.com.)
Golf with the Cougars!
2019 is SOLD OUT!
Our Cougar Classic Golf Tournament will be held on Monday, September 9th at Eagle Hills Golf Course in Papillion. It always proves to be a great event!
All proceeds support Gross Catholic school activities and athletics. It is so much fun!
- Pin prizes on every hole!
- First and Second Flight Prizes!
Usual Schedule of Events
- 11:00 am – Registration and Golfer’s Lunch
- 12:00 pm – Shotgun Start
- Dinner and Awards Following at Gross Catholic High School
For more information, email Dawn Sledge, Special Events Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 402.734.2000 x 124.Register for Golf!
A Great Week!
On Friday, September 27th, at 5 PM, join us at the Homecoming pre-game tailgate! The tailgate features great food and great fun for the family.
Join us Sunday November 10th from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. for our annual Open House. All are welcome at this annual event.
Sunday, December 8th. More details soon!
Saturday, Sunday, March 29, 2020. It will be a great time!
1974 (45th) -July 13th at Scriptown Brewery, 5:00 PM. Contact John Fahrer – email@example.com (402) 321-0416
1979 (40th) -August 24th at Horesman’s Park, 6:00 PM. Contact Terri Koziol Sorensen – Teresa.Sorensen@alegent.org (402) 639-1894
1984 (35th) -June 29th at Scriptown Brewery, 7:00 PM. Contact Joe Mixan – firstname.lastname@example.org
1989 (30th) -July 13th at Bellevue Berry Farm – Buena Vista Lodge, 8:00 PM. Contct Amy Riehle – email@example.com
1994 (25th) -No Reunion Planned –
1999 (20th) -August 3rd: 9-11 AM, Family pancake breakfast at Gross Catholic; 6 PM-11:30 PM at Thunderhead Brewing. Contact Michelle Lund – firstname.lastname@example.org
2004 (15th) -September 28th at Scriptown Brewery, 7-10 PM. Contact Maggie Winkelmann – email@example.com
2009 (10th) -August 10th at Scriptown Brewery. Contact David Caskey
2014 (5th) -Saturday, August 17th, 3pm Pool Party at the Zimmerer’s House – RSVP using this Facebook event link! Questions? Contact Hannah Zimmerer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Everybody Loves Trivia!
The Annual Trivia Night supports the Football, Cheerleading, and Academic Decathlon teams.
Date: February 29th, 2020
Tailgate Party: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Trivia Kickoff: 7:35
$40.00 donation includes: trivia game, food, beer, margaritas and pop! Tables available for $320.00 per table.
If you have any questions please contact Coach Tom Van Haute, tvanhaute
Guests must be 21 years of age or older.