The Cougar Family comes together as a community to celebrate and support Gross Catholic at special events throughout the year. Please join us at these events and discover the Gross Catholic difference!
CeleBration Is the Place to Be!
The Cougar Family is looking forward to CeleBration 36! We invite you to join us on Saturday, April 25, 2020.
A great evening awaits. Participate in the Live Auction! Purchase a Gold Cup ticket! Witness the presentation of the Dux Esto Award! Be a significant supporter of the Cougar Family!
CeleBration Has Gone Digital
The past few years people enjoyed wireless bidding on smart phones. It is fun and easy to use! No smartphone? No problem! We will help people with their bidding! If you can’t make it to CeleBration, you can join in on the fun! Anyone can simply visit our website and start bidding on auction items starting on the Friday before CeleBration.
We need your help to make CeleBration a success!
Here’s how you can support us!
- Attend the Event: Save the date for Saturday, April 25, 2020 to join parents, alumni, and friends as we raise funds to support the students of Gross Catholic High School at the Embassy Suites LaVista. Watch for your invitation in the mail or buy your tickets online! You can also reserve a room at the Embassy Suites for that evening at a discounted rate.
- Could you or your business support the students of Gross Catholic by becoming a corporate sponsor, buying ad advertisement or providing auction items? Contact Special Events Director, Dawn Sledge (firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss the options for your support.
- Gold Cup: Buy or sell a $100 Gold Cup ticket. We also need volunteers to make phone calls to past buyers asking them to purchase a Gold Cup ticket again this year. Contact the Advancement Office at 402-734-2000 to purchase a Gold Cup ticket.
- Volunteer: We need volunteers to stuff mailings, help decorate, work the cashiering station, solicit and decorate baskets, pick up auction items, and clean up. Contact Special Events Director, Dawn Sledge if you would like to volunteer or sign up online.
- $10,000 Raffle: Help support Gross Catholic by buying your CeleBration raffle tickets! This year’s raffle winner will walk away with $10,000 in cash! You need not be present to win. Raffle tickets are $5 each or $25 for a book of five. Contact the Advancement office to buy your tickets! Each school family is responsible for selling $100 worth of CeleBration raffle tickets (20 tickets at $5). These are distributed to families the first week of February.
For more information, or to volunteer, please contact the Advancement Office at 402-734-2000 or Special Events Director, Dawn Sledge (email@example.com.)
Golf with the Cougars!
2020 Date TBA
Our Cougar Classic Golf Tournament is usually held on a Monday in September at Eagle Hills Golf Course in Papillion. It always proves to be a great event!
All proceeds support Gross Catholic school activities and athletics. It is so much fun!
- Pin prizes on every hole!
- First and Second Flight Prizes!
Usual Schedule of Events
- 11:00 am – Registration and Golfer’s Lunch
- 12:00 pm – Shotgun Start
- Dinner and Awards Following at Gross Catholic High School
For more information, email Dawn Sledge, Special Events Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 402.734.2000 x 124.Register for Golf!
A Great Week!
Be sure to join us at Homecoming pre-game tailgate the Friday of Homecoming week! The tailgate features great food and great fun for the family.
Join us the second Sunday of November 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. for our annual Open House. All are welcome at this annual event.
St. Nick visited and it was great. Stay tuned for info about next year’s event!
Sunday, March 29, 2020. It will be a great time!
Check back soon for this year’s reunion information
Gross Catholic Alumni & Family Free Throw Contest
Saturday, January 18th following the 5:45 pm boys’ varsity basketball game, starting at approximately 7:45 pm
Everybody Loves Trivia!
The Annual Trivia Night supports the Football, Cheerleading, and Academic Decathlon teams. See the blog post on our front page slideshow to sign up. The sign up link will be live on December the 31st at 10:00 AM.
Date: February 29th, 2020
Tailgate Party: 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Trivia Kickoff: 7:35
$45.00 donation includes: trivia game, food, beer, and mixed drinks! Tables are available.
If you have any questions please contact Coach Tom Van Haute, tvanhaute
Guests must be 21 years of age or older.
This annual event usually takes place the 3rd Friday in November at Gross Catholic.
This event sells out fast. Email Dawn Sledge (email@example.com) or call her at 402.734.2000 x124 with any questions.