Career Opportunities at Gross Catholic
Below you will find current job openings at our school.
Director of Admissions
Gross Catholic High School, a coeducational Catholic secondary school in the Marianist tradition enrolling approximately 400 students and situated on a 28-acre campus in historic Bellevue, NE, seeks a creative, energetic, and results-oriented professional to serve as its Director of Admissions.
The Director of Admissions is responsible for all aspects of the admissions process for grades 9- 12, including developing and implementing recruitment strategy; shepherding students and families through the admissions process; conducting candidate/family interviews; with others, overseeing the scholarship and exam program; tracking and reviewing candidate applications; generating final admission decisions; and engaging in effective community outreach to expand Gross Catholic’s excellent reputation in the region.
The Director of Admissions is a member of the Leadership Team and reports directly to the President. Primary duties and responsibilities are outlined below.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops, updates, and implements an annual comprehensive recruitment plan to promote Gross Catholic High School to prospective incoming students, transfer students, and parents.
• Collaborates with the Marketing Committee in developing and maintaining the admissions office’s recruitment and marketing plan with the purpose of promoting the school’s visibility and general recruitment efforts.
• Works strategically with the Director of Communications and school constituents to ensure an integrated, engaging, and effective identity is understood by the community and consistently broadcast in all recruitment efforts.
• Develops and maintains close working relationships with parish pastors, religious education directors, school principals, and other key constituents to position Gross Catholic as the school of choice.
• Maintains enrollment management database and contact information for prospective families. Implements a CRM that maintains applicant files and tracks families from contemplation to enrollment. Follows up promptly on all inquiries.
• Plans and coordinates all recruitment events, including the Fall and Winter junior high events, New Family/Freshman Parent Welcome events and home receptions, Open House, sixth and seventh grade practice exam, eighth grade admissions exam, freshmen family information/welcome event, and freshmen registration.
• Manages relationships with current parents to serve as ambassadors within their communities, local schools, churches, and organizations.
• Oversees and implements the freshmen and new student transition programs to maximize student retention.
• Works in conjunction with the Principal and Guidance staff to outline the desired qualifications of prospective students, including transfer and international students.
• Suggest concrete ways by which athletics and other co-curriculars can be best leveraged to increase interest, including maximizing the Junior Cougar program as a recruitment opportunity.
• Coordinates with the Director of Online Communications to provide input into all social and digital communications to ensure content is compelling, timely, and dynamic.
• Organizes the registration process for new students.
• Regularly monitors constituent satisfaction with the school to raise retention rates.
• Develops and monitors statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, set benchmarks, and forecast for operational efficiency.
• Works collaboratively with the President and Director of Finance to ensure enrollment targets are met.
• Works closely with the Director of Finance to plan and coordinate the financial aid application process for incoming freshman and transfer students including the notification process.
• Works in partnership with the Archdiocese MARCSS (Metropolitan Area Recruiters Catholic Secondary Schools) group.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong work ethic, personal integrity, high-level analytical and organizational skills, and a demonstrated ability to plan strategically.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills that create strong relationships with current and prospective parents and students, and other constituents on behalf of Gross Catholic.
• Excellent public speaking skills and the ability to effectively communicate in writing.
• Ability to demonstrate a cooperative, professional, and positive attitude.
• Ability to work on a team and contribute to a positive and supportive work environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to implement marketing and communications strategies effectively.
• Fluency in or facility with Spanish preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; familiarity with FACTS software preferred.
• A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel and work nights and weekends as necessary.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in education, marketing, communications, public relations, or other relevant field.
• Minimum three (3) years related experience.
• Demonstrated leadership and accomplishment in institutional advancement or related field with a proven record of success.
• Ability to communicate the distinctiveness of a Catholic high school education.
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Competitive for the region and commensurate with experience, education, and qualifications.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision; matching 403B; generous vacation/holidays/summer hours; scaled tuition remission; professional development opportunities; Catholic mission; free access to all home games/events; family environment; team of fun, caring colleagues.
Kindly submit the following materials, confidentially and as separate PDF attachments in one email to Julie Cortinas, Executive Assistant to the President, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Letter of interest that aligns your experiences and skill sets with the
current needs of the school as you understand them.
• Resume with all appropriate dates included.
• List of at least three references including names, phone numbers, and emails as well as your relationship to them. References are held in strict confidence and will not be contacted without your knowledge and approval.
Boys Golf Head Coach
Gross is seeking an energetic, organized and committed individual to serve as our Varsity Head Boys Golf Coach. As a Marianist school, we value coaches that build community and foster individual and team growth.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Previous Head Coaching and or Assistant Coaching experience preferred but not required.
Education and Experience
Teaching opportunities are available. Please contact the school for current openings. A teaching position is not required but preferred.
Interested applicants should contact the Athletic Director at email@example.com to ask questions or submit your application.